Sunday, August 29, 2010

Nike files patent for auto-lace shoes

 A few days ago news started to circulate that Nike had filed a patent for auto-lace technology. As I conducted more expert research I was able to find out that this is not only in fact true but astronomically huge. This will no doubt revolutionize the shoe game as a whole, or at the very least push Nike that much further on my favorite shoe list.


Powered by what appears to be a powerpack within the shoe, they would automatically tighten themselves around the foot when a button on the side of the shoe is pressed. Its application is actually surprisingly logical, for walking shoes and heavy duty boots the feet need fully surrounding support which these automatic straps would provide. I included a clip from Back to the Future from which Nike flirts with the idea, and a second clip simply because I just can't get enough of these things.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment